Sunday, July 20, 2008

Vancouver

Righto,
Have made it this far to Vancouver. OK, so it wasn't too hard to get here.
The weather is awesome, pretty much blue sky since I've been here. Hopefully it follows me.
Stayed with Jocelyn and Walter (Mikes Aunt & Uncle) for the first night which was great as they've really lovely folks.
Had a little bit of jet lag the next day but think I'm all good now.
Am now with Ouri in central Vancouver and am being looked after really well some more.
Am quite liking this "cycle touring" so far !
Went to a Folk festival last night which was nice. Didn't think that the music was too Folksie but the people were :), cool.
A French couple (Rachael & Guillaume) turned up last night enroute to Argentina over one year. Suddenly my 5k is looking a bit short.
A bit of a dinner thing tonight, I've provided an NZ Sav plus an Aus Shiraz for a southern hemisphere flavour and R & G are making crepes.
Its a tough life for sure :)

My bike is singing along now, beautiful loud whirring noise from the rear hub, mmmm.
Got my rear brake adjusted and the front rotor straightened, and a new Kryptonite D-lock to add some more load. Better to have a bike.
And I should be on the MEC store's xmas card list.

Tomorrow we might do a 'group' ride in the morning, and then am off to Jasper on the overnight train which I'm looking forward to.

No comments: