Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Jasper, AB

A nice long 17hr train to Jasper. OK though as way more space than planes plus you can wonder up to the observation carriage etc.
Saw a Black Bear from the train as we pulled into Jasper.
And then prob the same one again later as I was biking back to Jasper from my campground 3km's away. The second time it was 'given away' by hoards of people who stopped driving to get out and take photo's, so no danger at all.
Great weather still, and very friendly people.

Got some food supplies today for the next few days (as nothing available till Lake Louise). Wow, combined with all the other stuff I brought in Vancouver I could hardly close my bag. So a big incentive to eat my way south. Might think about what else to cull from the load.
The road rules and riding on the right are quite different, but getting the hang of it. No probs for the next 300km's though.

No comments: