Saturday, October 11, 2008

Finished !!

Got to the USA / Mexico border on Wednesday at 2:30pm
Wahooo :)

Quite cool to have finished, although it still hasn't really sunk in I think.
Had a cruisey final 100km's from a stealth camp south of Separ.
Flat riding with blue skies, nice wide open views of the surrounding desert and thankfully the MP3 was still charged up.
Jasper (Canada), over 5,000km's ago seems a long way, and a long time ago.

Its been a great ride, we've been very lucky with superb weather pretty much throughout, and I've been really lucky to have hooked up with with some great riding buddies.
From start to finish everyone we've met have been really helpful and we've met some fantastic people along the way.

Will update some more a bit later

Leaving the USA .....
and coming back
it was a bit breezey at the last Divivde crossing
and a bit quiet...




















1 comment:

Jo and Scott said...

Hi, I found your blog via the Welsh crew's blog. I have enjoyed checking out your photos and reading a bit of your blog. My girlfriend and I are planning on doing the ride next year. Would you mind me picking your brain a little about it as we are organising it from NZ also? Hope you don't mind me asking. Cheers, Scott